Remove Advertisement

Tablet Turns On Itself?

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Tablet Turns On Itself?

Postby travelnshit » July 20th, 2016, 7:55 pm

I have a Linx 10 with Windows 10 installed and it seems that sometimes it just turns itself on. I'll fully charge it, leave it for a day unplugged and off, and when I come back it's lost all charge. Or sometimes I'll come back and it's on. I'm pretty sure I'm turning it fully off and not putting it to sleep or anything. Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: I just realised I have a 1010b, not a 10. Not sure how/if I can move this post to the correct place?
Last edited by travelnshit on July 21st, 2016, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
travelnshit

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Gift
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Tablet Turns On Itself?

Postby F0LLETT » July 20th, 2016, 8:44 pm

travelnshit wrote:I have a Linx 10 with Windows 10 installed and it seems that sometimes it just turns itself on. I'll fully charge it, leave it for a day unplugged and off, and when I come back it's lost all charge. Or sometimes I'll come back and it's on. I'm pretty sure I'm turning it fully off and not putting it to sleep or anything. Anyone else have this problem?

Sounds like it is in sleep mode. How exactly are you turning it off?
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

Postby travelnshit » July 21st, 2016, 8:23 am

I long press the power button then slide the picture down and it says it's shutting down. I also just realised I have a 1010 and not a 10! My apologies.
travelnshit

Postby F0LLETT » July 21st, 2016, 4:42 pm

travelnshit wrote:I long press the power button then slide the picture down and it says it's shutting down. I also just realised I have a 1010 and not a 10! My apologies.

Well thats the way to shut it off completely. Very odd, my vision can sit there for weeks and still have 90% battery.
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Postby travelnshit » July 22nd, 2016, 9:19 am

I know right? It's weird. I've gone through all my power settings, I've no idea what's wrong but after extensive Googling I can't find a solution. That's why I ended up posting here :/
travelnshit

Postby peter3m » November 5th, 2016, 5:25 pm

Hi

My Linx 1010 also does this. I have used Windows shut down. The tablet shuts down but about 30 seconds later the tablet restarts. This happens even when the tablet is on a shelf with no-one anywhere near. Any suggestions for solving this much appreciated.
peter3m

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon

Postby mole08 » November 6th, 2016, 9:16 am

peter3m wrote:Hi

My Linx 1010 also does this. I have used Windows shut down. The tablet shuts down but about 30 seconds later the tablet restarts. This happens even when the tablet is on a shelf with no-one anywhere near. Any suggestions for solving this much appreciated.

Bet you have 'turn on fast start up' checked in power settings. [additional power settings in power and sleep]. turn it off along and the power and sleep buttons to 'do nothing'. See if that cures it. Also when it appears to shut down does your router still show its connected. You may need to turn off wifi when tablet asleep. Best not have sleep or hibernation active anyway just seems to drain power and tablet fires up pretty quickly.
mole08
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Local store

Postby runfreesight » November 7th, 2016, 1:29 pm

I am experiencing the same issue. Am trying turning off the fast start up and see if that's makes a difference.
runfreesight

Retailer: Amazon

Postby F0LLETT » November 7th, 2016, 1:42 pm

mole08 wrote:
peter3m wrote:Hi

Bet you have 'turn on fast start up' checked in power settings. [additional power settings in power and sleep]. turn it off along and the power and sleep buttons to 'do nothing'. See if that cures it. Also when it appears to shut down does your router still show its connected. You may need to turn off wifi when tablet asleep. Best not have sleep or hibernation active anyway just seems to drain power and tablet fires up pretty quickly.

Fast startup, is always on by default.
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Return to Help (Linx 10)