Remove Advertisement

Linx 10 Recovery Image(?)

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Linx 10 Recovery Image(?)

Postby Zerge » August 13th, 2015, 1:59 am

Hello,
So I'm not sure where to start but I messed up and lost ny recovery files for the Linx 10 tablet.

I've researched options for some time, such as fresh install from an iso - but the downside of that is the lack of wimboot and that's a huge bummer with only 32GB eMMC.

Is there anyone that could please make an iso out of their recovery image, or something and upload it? Would be extremely helpful as I've not been able to figure out how to deploy a WIMBoot enviroment from scratch.

Thanks in advance,
Dev
Zerge

Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: N/A

Remove Ad

Re: Linx 10 Recovery Image(?)

Postby westonpf » August 13th, 2015, 6:03 am

You could go for a fresh install of Windows 10; it uses it's own compression to leave with as much (possibly) more space than you'd get with WimBoot on Windows 8.1. From what I've read the activation key is built in to the BIOS so provided you've not messed with that Win10 should activate.

Alternatively if you have access to another Windows 8.1 PC you can create your own WimBoot System relatively easily, there is a guide in the guide section. It does take more work but isn't too difficult. There is also some commercial software available that will create a WimBoot type environment from a standard install which will give you back the same amount of space you would have with the factory fresh WimBoot.

If you go with any option that involves a fresh install you will need to download and manually install the drivers and you will need a keyboard.
westonpf
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby merlinrides » August 15th, 2015, 3:06 pm

I recently reset my Linx 10 and now it wont boot up - it goes to the blue screen saying that something went wrong and that it will need restarting - it has since been stuck on the restarting cycle and cant go any further.

tried doing a windows 10 fresh install but i dont seem to have anyway of interacting with the setup as i dont have touch capability
merlinrides

Retailer: Sainsburys

Postby nick789uk » August 15th, 2015, 4:49 pm

Hi got the same problem keeps looping have keyboard but do not know what to do need help please.
nick789uk
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: PC World
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby rodonn » August 15th, 2015, 4:57 pm

I think you can get into BIOS/UEFI if you follow these instructions
viewtopic.php?t=44

You can set the boot order from there - beyond that, I'm afraid I can't help.
rodonn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon

Postby nick789uk » August 15th, 2015, 5:36 pm

Hi managed to get into the bios but have no idea of what to do any help please
nick789uk
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: PC World

Postby martinhowarth » January 8th, 2017, 7:08 pm

Hi has anyone managed to recover from the "there was a problem and windows will reboot " " ACPI BIOS error" issue I tried factory refresh and fresh install mother of them work factory refresh just hangs the reboots ISO install from USB isn't recognized it sees the USB but don't boot

Any ideas please I have worked in I.T field for 15 years and this has me stumped
martinhowarth

Retailer: amazon

Return to Help (Linx 10)