Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Network : General (Linx 10) - 3

Network

General chit-chat on the Linx 10

Re: Network

by westonpf » February 3rd, 2015, 4:35 pm

I thought that Windows 7 SP1 worked with UEFI provided secure boot was disabled but it looks like only on x64 systems. My work laptop is UEFI and has Window 7, it was installed from an image rather than the installer but it is 64bit.

I suspect that the IT staff looking in to this for the OP will go the image route in any case, and of course the Linx is only 32bit UEFI.
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by tonyyeb » February 3rd, 2015, 7:13 pm

Our IT guys use WDS and deploy over the network with PXE boot. Will be interesting if they can get a PXE ethernet dongle that will PXE boot and deploy an image.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: ShopTo

by Aergan » February 3rd, 2015, 9:40 pm

Think they'll need to build media (Win PE) to USB, I don't think BayTrail will allow PXE boot unless it's implemented with on-board LAN. Would like to know if they were successful though.
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon UK

by tonyyeb » February 4th, 2015, 8:22 am

Aergan wrote:Think they'll need to build media (Win PE) to USB, I don't think BayTrail will allow PXE boot unless it's implemented with on-board LAN. Would like to know if they were successful though.

Still waiting for the Linx 10 test mule to arrive, will report back when testing has begun.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

by sfothgilkes » January 10th, 2017, 12:23 pm

tonyyeb wrote:
Aergan wrote:Think they'll need to build media (Win PE) to USB, I don't think BayTrail will allow PXE boot unless it's implemented with on-board LAN. Would like to know if they were successful though.

Still waiting for the Linx 10 test mule to arrive, will report back when testing has begun.

Did you have any luck with this? Looking at tablets at the moment, and being able to use WDS would be handy

Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: N/A

by tonyyeb » January 10th, 2017, 1:22 pm

Using the Windows 10 restart option brings up EFI Network boot option but fails on attempt to use it.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

by tbeard » January 11th, 2017, 1:00 pm

In theory SCCM2012 R2 supports imaging over WiFi but no one seems to have got it working, from what I've read SCCM2016 will support PXE booting from WiFi so fingers crossed.

What we've done is create an image using Macrium Reflect and used that to image the Linx1010's

Please note: - If you are using them on a domain and what to be able to control Start and Active Tiles you will need to use either Windows 10 Education or Windows 10 Enterprise. For some reason you can't when using Pro and because we use folder redirection for the Start Menu it crippled the devices until with changed to Enterprise (Luckily our EES licence covers Enterprise and Education).
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010 Light
Retailer: 3Monkeys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Previous