Remove Advertisement

Screen/graphics chip failure

General chit-chat on the Linx 10

Screen/graphics chip failure

Postby garynortheast » October 23rd, 2016, 2:28 pm

Well that's a blooming nuisance - the display on my Linx 10 has given up. It no longer displays proper colours, looking instead like a pastel, impressionist view. I initially thought it might be a driver issue but it is like it in the bios/UEFI screen too. Either the screen or the graphics chip has failed i think. It happened suddenly while I was using the tablet a couple of days ago. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the driver, and I've reset the device but to no avail, so I'll be contacting the suppliers on Monday morning to get it fixed/replaced as I've only had it since July.
garynortheast

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Ebuyer
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Screen/graphics chip failure

Postby tbeard » December 20th, 2016, 6:50 pm

Hi,

It certainly sounds like an hardware failure, I would hazard a guess that the connection to the screen as become lose, at least it's under warranty! :-)

Cheers,
TBeard
tbeard
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010 Light
Retailer: 3Monkeys

Re: Screen/graphics chip failure

Postby nememo » December 20th, 2016, 6:53 pm

The graphics chip is integral to the CPU, so it's unlikely that it's that that has failed as it would almost certainly affect other areas of the CPU.

Much more likely to be the screen itself, or maybe even a loose connection. What if you plug into a HDMI monitor/TV - does it look good on a different screen?
Linx 8 Owner
nememo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Staples

Return to General (Linx 10)