Remove Advertisement

Clock losing time

General chit-chat on the Linx 10

Re: Clock losing time

Postby subway » August 9th, 2015, 11:08 am

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Ive tried the time sever change, doesnt work. Ive refreshed the system, which did work for a week or two but now its back to loosing time again. Ive also noticed that audio in video stutters when the clock is acting up! anyone else noticed this?
subway

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: sainsburys

Remove Ad

Postby subway » August 10th, 2015, 9:53 am

Ive found a solution that solved the lazy clock and also fixed the stuttering audio on video playback. I uninstalled the windows update KB3003667 Camera codec pack.

id be interested to know if this works for anyone else
subway

Retailer: sainsburys

Postby Shnerif » August 18th, 2015, 1:14 pm

Hi

Mine was doing this too and driving me nuts! BUT I fixed it during the upgrade to W10.

I did an inplace upgrade from 8.1 to 10 - worked fine but I lost screen rotation etc as described elsewhere on the forum. That didnt bother me too much as I never use my 10 in any way but landscape. The clock issue really irritated me.

Anyway - to fix it this is what I did (just because this worked for me doesn't mean it will for you and take precautions to back up everything first):

1) Back up Windows 8.1 to USB as described in guides on this forum
2) Upgrade from 8.1 -> 10 . After upgrade W10 was activated and fine and working fine - as mentioned, i didn't have rotation, but wasn't bothered by that.
3) Created a W10 x32 Home (not Pro) USB stick using the MS tool (you can use the method with Rufus etc as described on the forum too)
4) Attached Keyboard, Mouse and USB to USB hub and to Linx10 via adapter cable
5) Completely blew away previous install (as in I deleted all 5 partitions that appeared)
6) let W10 install - as though installing to a new PC
7) after install was completed, installed the W10 drivers (from this forum) - prior to installing those drivers, the touch screen didn't work etc etc, hence needing the USB keyboard and mouse
8) let W10 do any system updates and driver updates
9) clock works! :)

Its a bit drastic I know, but it worked for me and my Linx10 now has a fraction more space than previously (because I blew away partitions) and it boots just as fast as in the past and everything is now working and working fine.
Shnerif

Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby Popc0rn » November 8th, 2016, 3:06 am

billkelly77 wrote:Ok one day on linx has kept perfect time. I did 2 things. I changed the default time server in the control panel date time internet page. And I ran program atomic.exe freeware atomic clock sync programme. Now time perfect every time

This is the best option I've found, thanks billykelly77.

The file gives you the option to fix the Windows Time service, and/or have the file directly update the time for you at an interval you choose.

Check it out here: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
Popc0rn
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Amazon

Postby Popc0rn » November 26th, 2016, 3:47 pm

The only way to resolve this is to manually update the time or tap an app to update it for you.

Is this a Linx issue or a Win10 issue, or a combination?
Popc0rn
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Amazon

Postby andypoulton » December 13th, 2016, 8:53 pm

I tred all the syncing clocks one by one until one worked.
Until then my tablet would hardly work.
Cheers Andy
andypoulton
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Previous

Return to General (Linx 10)