Remove Advertisement

Power issues

General chit-chat on the Linx 10

Re: Power issues

Postby F0LLETT » September 22nd, 2016, 12:32 pm

mole08 wrote:
kmanktelow wrote:Hi, All,

Well, I went through the various parts of the system and found the network options and turned them off, charged to 100% and whilst being used with the power plugged in I seemed to be breaking even.

Actually used the power button and slid down the screen to shutdown last night, with the power on 68%.

Checked this morning and it's down to 20%.... :cry:

I've run the Windows 10 Troubleshooter for power options and all that's done is turned on the Sleep options...... :shock:
And that's supposed to save power?

As for Follett's suggestion about Fast boot - where's that in Windows 10? I can't find it on the Tablet or my Desktop? I thought it was removed in Windows 10?

But, yes, my thinking is that the tablet isn't shutting down properly and is going into sleep/hibernate mode (can't find a hibernate file, however). Actually, starting to think that it's something Windows related - as occasionally, my Desktop when shutdown will restart itself. And, then I've got to shutdown again.

You need to drill down for Fast Boot. " Settings-System-Power & sleep-Additional power settings-choose what the power buttons do". its the first option, often set to on by default..

You also need to click "change settings that are currently unavailable" first.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Postby kmanktelow » September 22nd, 2016, 5:12 pm

Ahhh, that's interesting - I erroneously assumed that it wasn't an option anymore, as the Enable Hybrid-Sleep option isn't available in the Advanced Power Options - on the Linx.

But, just checked and it's available on my desktop.....

Something else I also thought of, is "Hey Cortana" - so I've gone in and disabled all functionality for that - because that will make the computer sleep, if it's plugged in....
kmanktelow

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon.co.uk

Postby mole08 » September 23rd, 2016, 8:35 am

Slightly off topic but finally got AU on my 1010. ( the SD card in slot was stopping it ) Still trying to see what or what's not working OK, but Fast start was definitely ticked as default. Hey Cortana had resumed again, had to oogle for the fix how to disable it, ( you need to be quick between stopping tree and renaming file, otherwise it fails, best get both screens up in view first.). That saved a load of CPU and memory. Also see that wifi driver has been updated.
Other power settings stayed the same, Sleep hibernate etc. I have everything disabled, and so far so good. Only time will tell.
mole08
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Local store

Postby F0LLETT » September 23rd, 2016, 12:31 pm

mole08 wrote:Slightly off topic but finally got AU on my 1010. ( the SD card in slot was stopping it ) Still trying to see what or what's not working OK, but Fast start was definitely ticked as default. Hey Cortana had resumed again, had to oogle for the fix how to disable it, ( you need to be quick between stopping tree and renaming file, otherwise it fails, best get both screens up in view first.). That saved a load of CPU and memory. Also see that wifi driver has been updated.
Other power settings stayed the same, Sleep hibernate etc. I have everything disabled, and so far so good. Only time will tell.

Same here, disabled all the crap and run it like a desktop pc. No issues at all.
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Postby kmanktelow » September 23rd, 2016, 6:51 pm

Well, that seems to have fixed it - dunno if it was the Hybrid-Sleep or Hey Cortana, but the power-loss has disappeared. 98% charge last night at 21:00 hrs, and this evening at 19:45 still 95%...
Plus, it starts up much faster - press the power-button for four seconds and the lights come on.

I do, however suspect it was Hey Cortana - as thinking about it, the issues started after I enabled it. :roll:
kmanktelow

Retailer: Amazon.co.uk

Postby F0LLETT » September 24th, 2016, 6:36 pm

kmanktelow wrote:Well, that seems to have fixed it - dunno if it was the Hybrid-Sleep or Hey Cortana, but the power-loss has disappeared. 98% charge last night at 21:00 hrs, and this evening at 19:45 still 95%...
Plus, it starts up much faster - press the power-button for four seconds and the lights come on.

I do, however suspect it was Hey Cortana - as thinking about it, the issues started after I enabled it. :roll:

I used dwslite to disable all the junk (including cortana) when I first installed Win10.
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Postby garynortheast » September 27th, 2016, 4:07 pm

I've had all the standard problems with the charging of my Linx 10. Battery depleting faster than the charger can replace it, 12 - 18 hours to charge from flat etc. The answer is ridiculously simple. The output from the supplied charger is too low at just 2amps. I bought a new 5v 3a charger and the Linx now charges faster than it uses power when switched on, in use and plugged in. It also charges the battery from flat to a full 100% within a more reasonable time of 2 - 4 hours. The charging circuit was obviously designed to draw more than just 2amps in order to work properly.
The charger I bought is a Danelo, model SS-DA - 050300A. 5 volts 3 amps 2.5mm x 0.8mm barrel tip with a +ve centre.
garynortheast

Retailer: Ebuyer

Postby ClaretZip » December 2nd, 2016, 11:57 pm

I have had my tablet since last Christmas and had no problems until very recently when suddenly the power seemed to drain really quickly. I would charge it fully then power off and the next time I powered on it was almost drained.

At one point I thought it had died completely as even when plugged in to a power source the light wasn't on. After browsing this site I found out about the emergency reboot where I kept my finger on the power button for ten seconds and shortly after it came on.

Eventually I found the setting to turn off Fast Start. This seems to have done the trick. I charged it fully and powered off. Next time I turned on it was still at 99% Hurray.

But why did this suddenly become an issue? I didn't knowingly turn on the Fast Start option.
ClaretZip

Retailer: It was present

Postby udaygk1010 » May 14th, 2017, 5:22 pm

Hi all,

Recently, i updated (still windows 10) on my linx 1020(from argos) and it worked straight after updating. However the day after it updated (yesterday) it didn't switch on so I decided to charge it overnight. This afternoon I tried switching it on but it didn't work. I have tried holding the power button for several times it doesn't work and have tried pressing the power button and volume button at the same time simultaneously and then holding them for several seconds but none of these have worked. I don't know what to do, any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks in advance

Uday
udaygk1010

Retailer: argos

Postby POATSlinx » May 19th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Hi Uday

I have exactly the same problem. I tried holding the power and volume buttons for about 30 seconds, but nothing happened.

The following morning I touched the power button briefly, and the tablet was in Sleep mode and immediately came to life, working normally.

I followed the advice from customer service and un-checked the fast start option, but that has not helped.

I am reluctant to switch it off now. There must be some other fix for this problem that has obviously been caused my a Windows 10 update.

Phil
POATSlinx

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: PC World

Previous

Return to General (Linx 10)