Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Power issues : General (Linx 10)

Power issues

General chit-chat on the Linx 10

Power issues

by parahandy » January 3rd, 2015, 2:52 pm

Hi all, glad to have found this site for sharing problems.

UPDATE: Now back on. I guess leaving it on all night does fully discharge!! Will need to get into habit of switching off rather than not.

I bought a Linx 10 from Insight about six weeks ago. It worked fine after initial charge, but after a few days I didn't need to use it for a time, and presumably the battery fully discharged (it was left on).

When I tried to recharge, nothing happened. I contacted Exertis and have to say the service was excellent - the device was replaced within a couple of days.

However, things seem to have gone wrong again. I was using it yesterday, and this morning it won't power on. I plugged in the charger and the blue charging light is illuminated (although it was fully charged when I stopped using it), but it isn't powering on.

I'll leave it for a while to see if it needs fully recharged (it shouldn't), but I think if it still won't power on, I'll be asking for a refund.

Linx Tablet: Linx 10

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Power issues

by James » January 4th, 2015, 8:16 pm

I've had this once or twice. You could try the Emergency Reboot (even though the screen is already off, so hold it for 10 seconds and then wait 15 and then hold power button to turn back on). Not sure what caused it and I've not had it since. From the manual available here: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

Turning your tablet On
To turn your tablet on, press and hold the Power/Sleep button until the power indicator LED turns on and the tablet will begin to power up.

Putting your tablet into Sleep mode
To put your tablet into Sleep mode, press the Power/Sleep button once. The screen should switch off and your tablet will be in Sleep mode. To wake the tablet from Sleep mode, press the Power/Sleep button once. The screen should wake up and display the lock-screen.

Turning your tablet Off
To turn your tablet off, press and hold the Power/Sleep button until you are prompted with the ‘Slide to shut down your PC’ message. Slide and drag your finger down the screen to begin the shut down process and turn off your tablet.

Emergency reboot
To reboot your tablet if the screen becomes unresponsive, press and hold the Power/Sleep button for 10 seconds until the screen turns off.

Note: Leave the tablet for 15 seconds before trying to reboot the tablet.

Important: Avoid powering the tablet down by using the emergency reboot where possible. Always try to shut down your tablet using the correct shut down method to avoid loss or damage to data.
Original Member
Original Member

Retailer: Stapples

by johnpr98 » February 4th, 2015, 8:07 am

Thanks James for the Emergency Reboot tip, it brought my dead Lynx 10 back to life :)
This forum is just what we need to compare notes.
Thanks again
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Amazon market
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by alynsparkes » February 4th, 2015, 3:42 pm

I had similar power-drain problems with my Linx10. The problem turned out to be the RealTek Wireless SDIO card staying on continuously in "connected standby" mode. Unfortunately, I tried two things at the same time to fix it, so I'm not sure which worked! They were:

Update the drivers to the ones from here: http://linxtablet.co.uk/Downloads/realtek_rtlxxx_3007.9.1015.2014.exe using the following technique:
1) Download the drivers (things get awkward if this isn't done first).
2) Enter Device Manager, expand Network Adaptors and delete the Realtek device (hence downloading the drivers first).
3) Extract the drivers, and find the setup exectuable. Run that.

The second thing I did was to disable "Performance mode" on the wireless card:
1) Back in Device Manager, right-click the recently re-appeared Realtek device and choose Properties.
2) Go to the Advanced tab, choose the "WiFi Configure" property and change the value from "Performace" to "WiFi".

A restart is probably due about now, then add your preferred wireless networks back in.

This process changed my tablet from using approximately 5% of the battery per hour when asleep, to about 0.5% (yes, a 10x improvement) according to the powercfg /sleepstudy command.

Cheers,
Alyn.
Last edited by alynsparkes on February 9th, 2015, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 10"
Retailer: Argos

by jasoninertia » February 4th, 2015, 3:58 pm

thanks for this im going to try it today , updating the wifi driver did nothing on its own for me , going to change the wifi configure property , do a battery report in the morning and report my findings , I have a LINX 8
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: game

by zenki200 » February 9th, 2015, 2:31 pm

HELP!!!! I tried to update the WIFI drivers and followed the instructions but when I try and run the Realtek "Setup_MUP" file I get a Setup Error saying "No compatible hardware found. The software you are attempting to install in not supported on this system. The software will not be installed. Setup will now exit".
What have I done wrong?? I extracted the file when prompted and the located the Setup_MUP file in the drivers folder on the C Drive????

I knew I should have left it alone.

Edit: I've managed to get the old drivers back up and working now but I'm not sure what I did wrong????
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Amazon UK

by alynsparkes » February 9th, 2015, 4:53 pm

Do apologise,
Try this link instead - run the setup.exe, not the setup.bat.
http://linxtablet.co.uk/Downloads/realtek_rtlxxx_3007.9.1015.2014.exe
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 10"
Retailer: Argos

by zenki200 » February 11th, 2015, 11:24 am

Thanks Alyn, that one seems to work.
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Amazon UK

by tipam » July 10th, 2015, 9:59 am

I may be stating something obvious, but the Linx tablet won't turn on if your power supply is not supplying 2 amps / 5 volts.

I made the mistake of plugging my Linx into a smaller 5V USB charger - the blue light was on - but there still wasn't enough power to charge and boot the Linx even after some time.

:oops:

Retailer: ebuyer

by ronaldthegreat » July 30th, 2015, 7:02 am

I bought my Linx 10 2 days ago, and i am currently experiencing similar issues. The charger is plugged in, it states it is charging and plugged in. However, the charge doesn't go up (it was stuck 71% for an hour after no use), and when i am using it plugged in, the power is actually depleting!

Any ideas? I really dont want to return it as im loving the tablet so far

Retailer: Ebay

Next