Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Should I get another Linx? : General (Linx 10)

Should I get another Linx?

General chit-chat on the Linx 10

Should I get another Linx?

by hughster56 » May 31st, 2017, 7:16 am

My 1010B bricked - firmware update? I don't know, but it exhibited all the same signs as others have reported on their 1020s, including no power indicator when charging.

The distributor (FONICA) were extremely polite and responsive, but Linx have told them unbricking is not an option. They have just refunded my money (through Amazon). Well done, FONICA!

My question: I really liked that little beast in the months I had it. It did what I wanted, and did it well. Should I risk getting another Linx (1020?) and trust that the firmware updates are now solved and working? Or another tablet/keyboard combination such as Lenovo (at about twice the price)? I really don't want to go Android, and the iPad models are overpriced for my needs.

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Should I get another Linx?

by hughster56 » June 2nd, 2017, 12:57 pm

Answering my own question - from FONICA (who were the dealers for the returned 1010B):

The firmware update has been resolved. 319 tablets were affected, but all should now be fine.
If the tablet they buy messes up we will replace FOC. We have all IMEI numbers so shouldn’t happen .

and from an eBay reseller:

yes Linx informed us that Microsoft pulled that specific update as it used a certain driver which ended up bricking the linx tablets.
So since than we have had no instances of bricked Linx units

So once again I shall be a Linx user.

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home