Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - headphone volume : Help (Linx 8) - 2

headphone volume

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Re: headphone volume

by johnpr98 » March 31st, 2015, 7:49 pm

In desperation I have now PM'd one of the Exertis staff on the forum for comment, fingers crossed they may have a free tweak or solution, or confirm that DFX or something else is the best solution.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon market
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by johnpr98 » April 1st, 2015, 9:03 pm

I've had a reply from Nik and there is no fix and they don't see a sound issue, although they will monitor to see if others are having issues

I was really hoping that there was an improved driver around for the Linx integrated soundcard or tweak, it seems there isn't, a great shame as I know the sound can be improved with the likes of the DFX audio enhancer.

I have a Nissan Note car with audio input and I compared the Linx output in the car with and without the DFX audio enhancer, the difference was vast, try the DFX trial on the Linx for yourself to see (hear) and this is with limited light processing, the full DFX version has more power/features, I just hope it doesn't blow the 0.8 W speakers! :shock:

Looks like I have to fork out £20 to improve the Linx audio, which is a shame

A bigger shame would be someone posting a fix/tweak found after I'd spent my hard earned cash.

Please speak up now or forever hold your tongue lol

Cheers
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

by Dann » April 1st, 2015, 9:20 pm

johnpr98 wrote:I've had a reply from Nik and there is no fix and they don't see a sound issue, although they will monitor to see if others are having issues

I was really hoping that there was an improved driver around for the Linx integrated soundcard or tweak, it seems there isn't, a great shame as I know the sound can be improved with the likes of the DFX audio enhancer.

I have a Nissan Note car with audio input and I compared the Linx output in the car with and without the DFX audio enhancer, the difference was vast, try the DFX trial on the Linx for yourself to see (hear) and this is with limited light processing, the full DFX version has more power/features, I just hope it doesn't blow the 0.8 W speakers! :shock:

Looks like I have to fork out £20 to improve the Linx audio, which is a shame

A bigger shame would be someone posting a fix/tweak found after I'd spent my hard earned cash.

Please speak up now or forever hold your tongue lol

Cheers

I've just contacted DFX in the hope they'll maybe offer you guys a discount. I'll let you know!
Dann
Admin
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

by johnpr98 » April 1st, 2015, 9:35 pm

Thanks Dann

Your input is very much appreciated, the DFX enhancer is currently already on discount, however if you don't ask :geek:

I've just checked and the DFX is cheaper today for Jetaudio users? Not sure if other buyers would qualify
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
JetAudio User Sale Price: $24.99 (Sale ends in 4 days) =£17.50 approx

Good luck with your request
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

by Exertis_Lee » April 2nd, 2015, 2:03 pm

Good afternoon everyone.

Has anyone tried using an OMTP to CTIA adapter with their headphones?

After checking with our technical team I am told that the tablets use the CTIA standard and that OMTP headphones will not be as effective.

I have asked for one so that I can test my tablets but I wondered if any of you had already tried this?

I have tested my 3 tablets with some headphones and agree that the Linx8 lags behind somewhat with the volume through headphones to the 7 and the 10 so I'm keen to find out if it something that can be easily rectified.

Update: I have ordered an adapter and am hoping it should arrive with me on Tuesday next week so I will feed back if this helps in any way.
ExEXERTIS STAFF MEMBER
E: linxsupport@exertis.co.uk
T: +44 (0)1282 858 893

This Account has been disabled. Please don't expect replies or send PM's to this user.
Exertis Staff
Exertis Staff

Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: Exertis

by johnpr98 » April 2nd, 2015, 3:22 pm

Hi Lee

My original post was about low internal speaker volume viewtopic.php?f=36&t=530
easily proved by recording from the ear socket to a external recorder, the waveform is between a third and half of what it could be.
Sadly your OMTP to CTIA adapter fix won't help my needs.

I can and do use external speakers and that definitely improves the sound, however with maximum portability out in the field I just want the sound from the tablets own speakers, not carrying headphones or external speakers as well. The DFX audio enhancer does a reasonable job improving the sound dynamically, at extra cost which is what I will eventually purchase.....................unless your tech team can come up with something at the eleventh hour?
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

by johnpr98 » April 3rd, 2015, 7:24 am

I purchased DFX But beware as there is VAT on top :o
A Big improvement for me
Was it worth it?
A reluctant yes
I'll bother ye no more now and enjoy using my Linx
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

by Neo2111 » April 3rd, 2015, 8:03 am

Im still running with the trial version of DFX. The sound difference is so significant that it it almost makes DFX a must have. Suppose £20 isnt too bad.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Currys

by Exertis_Lee » April 7th, 2015, 10:07 am

Good morning all.

The adapter arrived on my desk this morning and I can confirm it does indeed make a marked difference to the volume when playing music through OMTP headphones.

I appreciate this doesn't address the issue raised by johnpr98 but does potentially address the volume issue raised by the OP of this thread - Quartermass
Last edited by Exertis_Lee on April 7th, 2015, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ExEXERTIS STAFF MEMBER
E: linxsupport@exertis.co.uk
T: +44 (0)1282 858 893

This Account has been disabled. Please don't expect replies or send PM's to this user.
Exertis Staff
Exertis Staff

Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: Exertis

by Neo2111 » April 7th, 2015, 10:21 am

thanks Lee, can you post a link to the adapter your using? i notice a few online for only a few quid but want to make sure i get one that works. Still haven't dropped the coinage on the DFX upgrade yet.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Currys

PreviousNext