Remove Advertisement

New Linx User... A few questions...

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

New Linx User... A few questions...

Postby asus25 » November 13th, 2016, 10:37 pm

Hello all

I have just got an as new Linx 8 with Windows 8.1 and it seems to be having issues charging. I've tried a 2 amp high end charger as well as a 2 amp Raspberry Pi charger and none of them seem to be charging it. The device has been off for a long time as it was originally purchased as new then left after they didn't like it (so they say anyway).

Currently trying to charge it with a 2.5 amp Raspberry Pi 3 charger... Is this a common issue? Is the battery dead?

Other question i have is does anyone use theirs for old games? As i want to play DOOM and other old but gold games on it but I need to use a keyboard and mouse... can you connect it via it's usb port or preferably via blue tooth??

Thanks in advance.
asus25

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: God
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Remove Ad

Re: New Linx User... A few questions...

Postby Buzz54 » November 14th, 2016, 8:19 am

A simple way to check that there is not something running in the background which is dragging down your charge rate is to force the Linx to switch off (hold the power button for a few moments then swipe down when prompted - I think) then charge for a few hours before rebooting.
If possible test your power supply/charge lead on another device to prove functionality.
Make sure there are no 'extra' bits and bobs plugged in - keyboards, usb dongles etc.
Hope that helps
Buzz
Buzz54

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: CCL Computers
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: New Linx User... A few questions...

Postby Buzz54 » November 14th, 2016, 12:47 pm

With regards to old dos games, you would need to run an emulator program like dosbox. Other than that it should work OK. The Linx supports USB keyboards and mice plugged straight in or via a hub if you need more inputs. Remember the more things you have plugged in the quicker the battery drains.
Hope that helps
Buzz
Buzz54

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: CCL Computers
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Return to Help (Linx 8)