itswindy wrote:Hi, I'd just like to share a little bit of my problem and solution, not sure it will help anyone else, but here goes. My tablet is a Linx 8 with windows 8.1 installed, been working perfectly up until about 2 weeks ago and then it just seemed to die. Tried everything, cables, chargers, holding buttons etc, would not boot at all. Then found this video You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register and though its a different tablet I gave it a go, Hey presto, it's back to life, unbelievable. No thanks to exertis as they are useless, pointed them to this page/site and though they acknowledged it, advised me to take the tablet to a repair shop as it was past it's 12 month warranty.
Just to bump this a bit, as it worked for me as well with Windows 10. Sequence was as follows,
1. Hadn't used tablet in a while, so it ran a Windows 10 update.
2. Touch screen non-functional, and 'no sound device installed' (yet again)
3. After trying assorted stuff with no joy, reset, wipe, fresh install of Windows 10 followed by installation of drivers from this site. Working!
4. Another bloody update. Tablet (presumably) entered sleep mode following this.
5. Now dead as a particularly brick-like dodo.
6. Disconnected and reconnected battery as shown in the video. Working again! (and sleep mode now turned firmly off)
Certainly worth a go. It's even easier with a Linx 10 than in the vid, as the back is rather easier to remove and the battery easier to unplug than on the tablet he was using.