Remove Advertisement

Linx 8 boot loop

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Linx 8 boot loop

Postby mattbrfc » October 1st, 2015, 8:19 pm

Hi, hoping there is someone out there who can help, i am new to the linx range, or just windows tablets in general, however i upgraded to windows 10 via the notification from windows, to cut a long story short, i am now stuck in a boot loop, now i know i need to re install windows but i have no idea how to retrieve my legitimate key from the device, anyone know how i can do this.

Thanks
Matt
mattbrfc

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Remove Ad

Re: Linx 8 boot loop

Postby danskeman » October 2nd, 2015, 10:01 am

mattbrfc wrote:Hi, hoping there is someone out there who can help, i am new to the linx range, or just windows tablets in general, however i upgraded to windows 10 via the notification from windows, to cut a long story short, i am now stuck in a boot loop, now i know i need to re install windows but i have no idea how to retrieve my legitimate key from the device, anyone know how i can do this.

Thanks
Matt

Have you made a backup recovery usb drive as instructed in user manual when you first started tablet?
If so boot from that and you will be able to reinstall 8.1 - no keys needed as key is embnedded in bios.

If not, then you have two options

a) create a 32bit usb recovery drive, on another pc using "windows 10 media creation tool" from MS (google using words in quote marks).
Then boot from it and reinstall Windows 10, skipping any keys - not needed.
If you are lucky, the previous attempt got far enough to activate 10.
If 10 does not activate, you will need to do step b.

b) follow great guide by nememo viewtopic.php?f=35&t=890

In all cases, you will need a usb otg cable, a usb hub, an 8+GB usb stick, usb mouse and (possibly) usb keyboard.
Last edited by Dann on October 2nd, 2015, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Hyperlink broken, corrected this
danskeman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Return to Help (Linx 8)