Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - USB camera under win 10 : Help (Linx 8)

USB camera under win 10

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

USB camera under win 10

by Llewelyn » August 28th, 2015, 1:40 pm

I have a USB Endoscope (no, not for that... besides, the end is rather sharp! - it's for looking inside engines and suchlike) which I used to run off an old laptop. The laptop has now died and most of its duties are currently done by the linx 8 (now upgraded to win 10 home), but the linx 8 seems not to want to work with any kind of external USB camera. I also tried attaching a USB logitech webcam to it, with equal lack of results. The endoscope cam is, if I recall right, only VGA resolution so hardly a punishing bandwidth.

Anyone had any external cam working? Also are there any BIOS updates that might be relevant?

Mind you, I like the look of the Linx 1010 which has proper USB ports built in... but that would mean buying one, which is more money. Of course, I could sell the 8, but that's not worth a fortune even with a functional win 10 install on it.

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: eBay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: USB camera under win 10

by thatmakesmemad » August 28th, 2015, 7:38 pm

a y split usb cable to source power from a mains adapter might be more relevant as the linx isn't really up to pushing out too much power.
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: USB camera under win 10

by TomT » August 30th, 2015, 8:41 am

Hi
I have a USB endoscope camera that I use with my Linx 8
Connects via an otg cable and works fine. If I get chance I'll check what the tablet detects it as.
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Very
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro