Remove Advertisement

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Postby MartinJ » August 15th, 2015, 4:34 pm

I've referred to some of this on a thread in the main 8 forum but I think it deserves a thread of it's own...

I have a new Linx 8. The Skype app it was supplied with told me it needed to be updated, fair enough. So I downloaded the latest version from the Microsoft App store on the tablet. It duly downloaded and installed fine but then when you run it you are told it has been replaced with a new app and it sends you off to a Microsoft web page. There is no option to just use the old app.

Downloading the new Skype for Desktop application from the web page appeared to go fine too. However, when you run the set up application on the Linx 8 it's not possible to get past the language selection screen. There is no button or link to do so! So you can't install it.

To be honest, I am starting to think Windows might be more hassle than it is worth!
MartinJ

Linx Tablet: Linx 8 (3G)
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Remove Ad

Re: Skype

Postby MartinJ » August 16th, 2015, 7:25 am

I have solved this now. Although there was no "next" or equivalent button to press I was able to move the install process on by bringing up the keyboard and hitting enter.

So I now have Skype running albeit as a desktop app which isn't ideal on an 8 inch tablet.
MartinJ

Linx Tablet: Linx 8 (3G)

Postby rhoobarb » August 16th, 2015, 2:50 pm

Maybe the ok or next option button was chopped off from the bottom of your screen, some programs have this flaw. Screen rotation to vertical or pressing enter on keyboard is the only way to get round the problem AFAIK.
rhoobarb
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: staples

Postby danskeman » August 16th, 2015, 3:20 pm

rhoobarb wrote:Maybe the ok or next option button was chopped off from the bottom of your screen, some programs have this flaw. Screen rotation to vertical or pressing enter on keyboard is the only way to get round the problem AFAIK.

Just went to install skype desktop version as I couldn't do it before, but with keyboard tip I though I would try it.

I don't know if this is a windows 10 fix, but the installation came up in a proper folder!
danskeman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Return to Help (Linx 8)