I just did a test and reset my tablet back to factory condition, and then recovered a backup image of my C drive using MRF. This worked perfectly. So now I know I have a method of backing up my Linx8 without having to reinstall all my apps.
Now the big one - then I tried just doing a full recovery of all partitions using MRF and this overwrites everything.
OMG - it worked first time.
So to do a full backup, you need:
1) 2 usb sticks - one to hold bootable MRF recovery system (4 Gb min) and one to hold backup image (16GB min)
2) A usb hub (powered is probably better)
3) A usb mouse.
Procedure (Make sure battery is well charged):
1) install MRF on Linx8
2) Run MRF and create a MRF recovery USB - use windows PE5 not Linux.
3) Create backup image (select all partitions) to USB stick (not one containing rcovery system).
Do not back up SD card - that will not bee seen by recovery system. You can just copy this anyway.
4) To recover, connect both usb and mouse to Linx 8 using usb hub.
5) Boot tablet pressing power+volume up button, sel boot manager, select boot from usb, and it will boot nto MRF recovery.
6) Then using MRF, select image to be restored (if image is over 4GB, it wil be broken down into several parts - just click image xxxxx00 .
7) Then start backup and wait for a few minutes (mine took 12 minutes but I did not have a lot of stuff on tablet).
8) Remove usb hub and reboot PC.
I know this worked on my Linx 8, and it should work on a Linx 10. May be more of an issue on a Linx 7 as it is not so easy to boot from a usb stick.
|Naturally, I take no responsibility if it does not work on your tablet. Also make sure you have a Linx recovery usb stick in case all fails, and that you have backed up any critical data before you start any recovery.|