Remove Advertisement

Micro HDMI adapter suggestions

General chit-chat on the Linx 8

Micro HDMI adapter suggestions

Postby bluesmanuk » June 29th, 2015, 8:39 pm

I was looking for a suitable HDMI to micros HDMI adapter but so many reviews suggest that many are so flimsy that they fall apart when plugged and unplugged a few times, so I wondered if any of you had any recommendations based on what you yourselves have purchased.
bluesmanuk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Micro HDMI adapter suggestions

Postby Campblor » July 2nd, 2015, 10:23 pm

I got a HDMI to Micro HDMI cable, good length cable and solid connectors on each end.

Ebay is your friend for this.
Campblor

Retailer: Amazon

Postby danskeman » July 3rd, 2015, 12:31 pm

Assuming this is so you can connect tablet to TV, I use a chromecast (you could use miracast as well) so you dont need fiddly cables at all.
danskeman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Dann » July 3rd, 2015, 12:52 pm

danskeman wrote:Assuming this is so you can connect tablet to TV, I use a chromecast (you could use miracast as well) so you dont need fiddly cables at all.

I bought mine the other day from Amazon and love it!

New is on offer at £28 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Google-Chromeca ... chromecast

Also have refurbs at £23 http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... efurbished
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby hogweed » July 7th, 2015, 6:09 pm

I quickly realised a long lead trailing from the tablet to the tv was just inviting me to trip over it so I looked at Miracast options. I'm using the Sumvision Miracast dongle. Works fine but setting it up was a bit fiddly especially as it calls Miracast EZMirror and supports much more functionality than just Miracast although that's all I use it for. Dual monitor mode works fine - it is not limited to mirroring the tablet screen despite the name. The Intel Graphics driver even still recognises the display as Samsung HD TV in my case despite it being connected via the wifi dongle.

Some reviewers of this product haven't realised the EZMirror (hardware Miracast) mode is not the same as EZCast Mirror (software mirroring) mode and get crap performance so make sure if you get one that you set it to use EZMirror.

Dongle £16.91 from link below although you may find it cheaper.

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
hogweed
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Postby Dann » July 7th, 2015, 10:45 pm

hogweed wrote:I quickly realised a long lead trailing from the tablet to the tv was just inviting me to trip over it so I looked at Miracast options. I'm using the Sumvision Miracast dongle. Works fine but setting it up was a bit fiddly especially as it calls Miracast EZMirror and supports much more functionality than just Miracast although that's all I use it for. Dual monitor mode works fine - it is not limited to mirroring the tablet screen despite the name. The Intel Graphics driver even still recognises the display as Samsung HD TV in my case despite it being connected via the wifi dongle.

Some reviewers of this product haven't realised the EZMirror (hardware Miracast) mode is not the same as EZCast Mirror (software mirroring) mode and get crap performance so make sure if you get one that you set it to use EZMirror.

Dongle £16.91 from link below although you may find it cheaper.

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

Amazon have it a couple of quid more expensive but I'd prefer to buy from there..

Sumvision CYCLONE HDMI Miracast Dongle https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LQX5OW4/ ... NvbKK0YXE5
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Return to General (Linx 8)