Remove Advertisement

OTG and charging

General chit-chat on the Linx 8

Re: OTG and charging

Postby TomT » January 22nd, 2015, 3:03 pm

Can you post details of the hub you have !
Thanks
TomT
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Very
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Remove Ad

Postby nememo » January 22nd, 2015, 3:51 pm

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=203&p=1076#p1076

Specifically, this one: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
Linx 8 Owner
nememo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby gh97 » January 22nd, 2015, 4:31 pm

nememo wrote:I don't seem to get that issue anymore with it only charging at a faster rate if it was turned off first - ever since I swapped to the cable it shipped with.

In other news, I've received my hub from China... :shock:

It's connected to my Linx now, pulling over 1A from the charger (whilst being on 85% battery too - I imagine if the battery was lower it'd pull even more) and connecting to my USB devices. This is on the mode 2 setting.

So even if 1A IS it's limit, that's still twice as much compared to my other OTG hub - so hopefully enough to play and charge at the same time! :P

That's good, finally one that works :-) Hope to recieve mine soon, looks like the same sort thing so fingers crossed.
Linx 8 owner
gh97
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Retailer: Ebuyer
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Postby zybex » February 5th, 2015, 1:55 pm

For gh97,

I have just received that same nememo has - (the first one he got that charges at a slower rate with otg). It did not do charge and OTG for me either at the same time. But I have just discovered that if you do a full hard power off of the tablet with nothing connected to usb port (hold down power button for 10 or 12 seconds until tablet completely goes off), Then in this exact order 1) power back on the tablet 2) connect hub only to tablet (no power lead to hub) 3) wait a few seconds 4) now connect the power cable to hub.
This now enables charging and usb OTG at the same time (albeit at a slow charge rate) - Note:- the switch on the hub must be set to "charge" position before you start.
Hope this will get you (or others) going until you get the other one from aliexpress.
zybex

Postby nememo » February 5th, 2015, 4:29 pm

My first one, when I actually got around to measuring the exact current it turned out that the power going into the tablet wasn't enough to keep it going - so it was still actually discharging (despite showing charging) just at a VERY reduced rate.
Linx 8 Owner
nememo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby zybex » February 5th, 2015, 5:41 pm

I have been playing music on it now for the last couple of hours from a usb stick connected to the hub while charging at the same time - I started playing music at a 72% charge level and it is still at 72% now! It seems to be at least holding it's charge! (using foobar2000 as there is a setting that prevents the tablet going into sleep mode).
I Haven't tried it yet though with anything more demanding - like games or hd video (I only received the hub this morning in the post).
But if it continues to hold while doing some more demanding tasks I'll be delighted!
I'll report Back after testing some more.
zybex

Postby dragon55 » February 5th, 2015, 10:28 pm

it has also costed me time and money without success getting different cables/adaptors to give linx charge while using otg; just saw another one at ebay (actually some Chinese sellers also offer similar ones with lower cost but without saying charge ability) anyone has experience on it ? don't really like to have another disappointment !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321540091516?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D321540091516%26_rdc%3D1

thanks
dragon55

Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Postby DJ_Enigma » February 6th, 2015, 10:22 am

Is there any news on if the Dell one works properly?

I don't mind spending the money if it works.
DJ_Enigma
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Staples bargain

Postby LikeLinx » February 6th, 2015, 5:24 pm

DJ_Enigma wrote:Are you using the standard chanrger that comes with the Linx?

I find that my ipad charger, my external battery (2Amp) and my blackberry chargers seem to charge the Linx quicker than the charger that came with it :/

Is this the charger you got with it, DJ?

LikeLinx
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Amazon

Postby DJ_Enigma » February 6th, 2015, 6:18 pm

Yeah looks like it :)
DJ_Enigma
Linx User
Linx User