Remove Advertisement

text size

General chit-chat on the Linx 8

text size

Postby stanleywinston » May 28th, 2015, 8:13 pm

Hi
I've picked up a few of these for elderly relatives and am just setting them up. The first thing that strikes me is that the text looks pretty small. Seems especially noticeable in portrait.
Anyone had any luck changing the text size system wide. The only options I can find seem disabled (probably due to the screen resolution)
stanleywinston

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: text size

Postby thatmakesmemad » June 7th, 2015, 2:31 pm

Right click the desktop, select personalize then from the bottom left select display and there are settings ion there for some fonts and increasing sizes and a link to the magnifier settings. Note for the main window of a browser you'd have to change the settings in the browser and this might mess up the web pages.
Note that the metro interface is for tablet use, the desktop is really for pcs with decent sized screens hence no pinch to zoom option and best used with a mouse as tapping the x in the corner to close can be a challenge. Adding a mouse and bluetooth keyboard means it becomes more than just a tablet and that's what the desktop is for.
If the old folks insist on using the desktop all the time because it's familiar then they don't need a tablet.
thatmakesmemad
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: amazon

Postby stanleywinston » June 8th, 2015, 9:36 pm

Thanks for the reply. It was actually the metro apps that I was referring to. They won't be going near the desktop. Strangely it seems the only thing I can make more readable is the desktop
stanleywinston

Retailer: Amazon

Postby thatmakesmemad » June 9th, 2015, 6:51 am

Seems that if you do a search while in metro for font then click on settings and select make everything bigger you will affect the metro interface whereas if you do it in the desktop you get the desktop settings.
Quote from where I found that
"With the largest population cohort in recent history hitting the age of vision deterioration, and with all kinds of new technology, MS ought to seize the chance to really serve a population.
We're also the people who latched on to the PC and have used it fanatically for 30 years.
Now you're going to jam us between finger-painting (Metro) we don't have equipment for, and text we can't read????"

:D They should consider how the whole touchscreen visual interface craze has made things somewhat more challenging for the Blind.
thatmakesmemad
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: amazon

Return to General (Linx 8)