Remove Advertisement

solitaire and such

General chit-chat on the Linx 8

solitaire and such

Postby Llewelyn » March 8th, 2015, 8:41 pm

Hello people, recently got a linx 8 and so far quite like it. So far I've persuaded it to boot to desktop mode, installed both Pale Moon and Iron browsers (both have strengths and weaknesses and neither is IE...), VLC media player and the bit of software I actually got the device for, which allows it to talk to the ECU in my Ford minibus :D

Anyone know if you can install games such as the windows solitaire pack *without* first creating a microsoft account?

I don't feel the need for the thing to be hooked into MS otherwise, in fact I'd prefer not to - MS are however making it ever harder to avoid.

I have heard it said that you can copy the exe files from older versions and it works, though. Yet to try this, I need to get around to copying the exe from a 32 bit win7 - the machine I mostly use is 64 bit win7.

Not finding win 8.1 as bad as I feared, although it's annoying to have to faff with it to achieve something like the win7 desktop look and feel. Why do software makers think we want everything to change all the time?
Llewelyn

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: eBay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: solitaire and such

Postby Dann » May 30th, 2015, 6:45 pm

Llewelyn wrote:Hello people, recently got a linx 8 and so far quite like it. So far I've persuaded it to boot to desktop mode, installed both Pale Moon and Iron browsers (both have strengths and weaknesses and neither is IE...), VLC media player and the bit of software I actually got the device for, which allows it to talk to the ECU in my Ford minibus :D

Anyone know if you can install games such as the windows solitaire pack *without* first creating a microsoft account?

I don't feel the need for the thing to be hooked into MS otherwise, in fact I'd prefer not to - MS are however making it ever harder to avoid.

I have heard it said that you can copy the exe files from older versions and it works, though. Yet to try this, I need to get around to copying the exe from a 32 bit win7 - the machine I mostly use is 64 bit win7.

Not finding win 8.1 as bad as I feared, although it's annoying to have to faff with it to achieve something like the win7 desktop look and feel. Why do software makers think we want everything to change all the time?

You do need a microsoft account, its the same as most app stores now a days!
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby jerry486 » June 4th, 2015, 11:55 am

just steal the sol.exe file off an older machine and run it ;)
jerry486
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 10

Postby sedj66 » June 5th, 2015, 9:08 pm

Download old version from here:
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
sedj66

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: ebay

Return to General (Linx 8)