Remove Advertisement

Touch calibration succeeds but the sensor is out

General chit-chat on the Linx 8

Touch calibration succeeds but the sensor is out

Postby NeilT » April 6th, 2016, 10:23 pm

Hi,

To cut a huge long story short, I tried to do the pro upgrade using the 10 dummy key and then my TechNet keys and found that 10 will not accept my TechNet keys, but 8.1 will. After a lot of pain I have my Linx 8 back on 10 Pro and activated.

However, somewhere along the way, the touch calibration has gone completely gaga. I've tried every thing I can see and think of including downloading the drivers from this site, completely uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, with driver deletion and tabcal forced to landscape with 36 points.

The result is always the same, calibration completed successfully every time but when I touch the tablet afterwards the touch is always registered half way across the tablet (or more). You can see that with the visible touch telltale.

Any ideas? Initially I thought it was due to the upside down orientation I was not able to fix, but after finding the values to change the reg key for 8.1, I finally managed to do the pro 10 upgrade and the values were correct. The 8.1 values flipped it again. So I don't believe it has to do with the orientation. Unless the touch thinks it's in a different orientation than the actual screen??
NeilT

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: ASDA
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Touch calibration succeeds but the sensor is out

Postby F0LLETT » April 22nd, 2016, 10:39 pm

NeilT wrote:Hi,

To cut a huge long story short, I tried to do the pro upgrade using the 10 dummy key and then my TechNet keys and found that 10 will not accept my TechNet keys, but 8.1 will. After a lot of pain I have my Linx 8 back on 10 Pro and activated.

However, somewhere along the way, the touch calibration has gone completely gaga. I've tried every thing I can see and think of including downloading the drivers from this site, completely uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, with driver deletion and tabcal forced to landscape with 36 points.

The result is always the same, calibration completed successfully every time but when I touch the tablet afterwards the touch is always registered half way across the tablet (or more). You can see that with the visible touch telltale.

Any ideas? Initially I thought it was due to the upside down orientation I was not able to fix, but after finding the values to change the reg key for 8.1, I finally managed to do the pro 10 upgrade and the values were correct. The 8.1 values flipped it again. So I don't believe it has to do with the orientation. Unless the touch thinks it's in a different orientation than the actual screen??

You need to find the correct reg key for the 810. Maybe someone here can export their reg key and post it for you.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

Re: Touch calibration succeeds but the sensor is out

Postby brokenvamp » April 26th, 2016, 10:54 am

If you have a look in here I have shared the touchsettings.GT file needed for the touch screen to work properly: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1555
brokenvamp

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: ebuyer

Return to General (Linx 8)