Remove Advertisement

Windows 10 Ruined my Linx

General chit-chat on the Linx 8

Windows 10 Ruined my Linx

Postby glenndavies1990 » March 5th, 2016, 4:47 pm

Hey all, just a quick query and was wondering if anyone had any advice.

I bought myself a Linx8 about a year ago and absolutely loved it. I downloaded Microsoft Office and would link it up to my monitor and use bluetooth keyboard and mouse. It was brilliant. I mainly use an apple laptop but specifically wanted a windows tablet for downloads, MS office etc.

I upgraded to windows 10. At thought this seemed great. I didn't use the tablet for a while because of a holiday.

However....ever since I have upgraded, my accelerometer and bluetooth do not work at all. I cannot revert to Windows 8 as I have had 10 for longer than one month. I can no longer attach my mouse and tablet to the tablet.

I have emailed Linx who gave me some drivers, however, I cannot get these to work.

My question is, what shall I do? I am not great on Windows software and have failed at trying to reinstall drivers etc. Are there any stores (e.g. PC world) who will be able to reinstall the drivers or reinstall windows 8?

Really do not know what to do and would appreciate some advice from you guys.

Thanks,
glenndavies1990

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: EBAY
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Windows 10 Ruined my Linx

Postby meagain » March 5th, 2016, 8:09 pm

I wouldn't go to PC World.

Try to go to the Windows 10 Command Center on this site and install the drivers from there. Take a look in Device Manager and post a picture of what has exclamation marks by it and I'll hopefully be able to find the drivers for you.

If all else fails try to Erase Everything and Reinstall Windows which should install the WIn10 drivers too (at the expense of all your data), in PC Settings.

Let me know how this goes, as I said there's no need to go to PC World as you'll likely be charged more than the tablet itself for something that you could do for free.

The USB issues sound strange, try to reboot with them plugged in. Also check if they work in the BIOS (DEL key at boot) to ensure it's not a hardware fault.
- Tom

https://www.reddit.com/r/LinxTablet/
meagain
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: LaptopOutlet
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby thatmakesmemad » March 23rd, 2016, 8:53 am

Start by redownloading the windows 10 update package and reinstalling it.
I found that I lost network functionality the first time round but when i reinstalled this resolved itself.
You will still have issues with camera functionality and will have to download drivers for that.
I think that the accelerometer is simply disabled by default so if you drag the bar in from the right and tap the relevant button it will start working (don't have a windows 10 pc anywhere near me to check)
thatmakesmemad
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: amazon

Postby Popc0rn » March 23rd, 2016, 10:17 am

I hope you haven't done of the things already suggested as this would only add to your problems. If you simply reinstall Windows 10 as has been advised then what could you use as a licence key? If you aren't very familiar with Windows then how would you deal with the more extensive driver issues you would experience following a new install?

I've got a Linx 8 and the upgrade went fine for me. Usually when doing an upgrade or fresh install it's better to disconnect all USB devices and then introduce them one at a time after the install or upgrade is complete.

Are you able to find Device Manager? Could you send us a screenshot of it? If you can't then there is another way we can approach this. We will solve this problem before the week is out.
Popc0rn
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon

Postby thatmakesmemad » March 29th, 2016, 10:29 am

Why would you need a license key for an over install of an existing installation of windows 10 ?!!!!
I solved a number of problems without resorting to a clean install after an SFC check threw up a number of faults after the initial upgrade
thatmakesmemad
Linx User
Linx User

Postby F0LLETT » March 29th, 2016, 10:37 am

thatmakesmemad wrote:Why would you need a license key for an over install of an existing installation of windows 10 ?!!!!
I solved a number of problems without resorting to a clean install after an SFC check threw up a number of faults after the initial upgrade

If you have not upgraded to and singed into your Windows 10 Microsoft account, then you will not have a Windows 10 key.
You will be unable to use Windows 10. I think he was more talking about if you clean installed Windows 10.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

Postby thatmakesmemad » March 29th, 2016, 11:09 am

Didn't bother installing the update on my asus T100 after the first few attempts as it seems that the original update had issues with some devices with sdcards installed but then retried with a more recent version which installed with no problem so worth retrying.
Wondering if perhaps the bluetooth was set to off as well as the accelerometer by the update and just needs tapping to reenable on the sidebar.
thatmakesmemad
Linx User
Linx User

Postby F0LLETT » March 29th, 2016, 12:49 pm

I have had failed installs and updates in the past, caused by having an SD card inserted.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

Postby cstead » June 29th, 2016, 3:43 pm

I am trying to reinstall the driver for tilt on my Linx 7 after the rotate icon disappeared after reinstalling win 10. Although logged in, the page fails to load with server not found. What am i doing wrong?
cstead

Postby cstead » June 29th, 2016, 3:49 pm

Sorry, forgot to say i am trying to access the command center.
cstead

Next

Return to General (Linx 8)