USB Installer for Windows 8.1 Pro on Linx 8 tablet
So, the easiest way to upgrade to 8.1 Pro is to simply use the built in facility of Windows. You'll retain WIMBoot functionality and it's very simply. If for some reason you want a clean install, or you want to claw back every last inch of disk space - feel free to use this install image. It's fairly straight forward.
This is a Windows image for the Linx 8 tablet to help you upgrade to Windows 8.1. It includes all the drivers required and the latest updates, so cuts back on the amount of time required to install. The total process should take around 40 mins - depending on the speed of your USB drive.
|Note: You still need your own Windows key to activate this - this isn't a free way of getting 8.1 Pro. You can purchase a key here: http://amzn.to/14Dlrgv|
- Up to date image (as 9-Jan-2015)
- WIMBoot enabled (3.46GB recovery partition / 25.44GB Main partition of which 22.0GB free)
- USB Recovery Environment drivers installed - touchscreen works - no keyboard/mouse/OTG Hub required to install
- Restore from HDD working - reinstall without needing the USB key again
- Win 8.1 Pro - You need to add your own key via system settings
- UK Localised
- All drivers included
- Linx OEM branding included
There are TWO methods to install this.
Option 1: Use this if you have a working Windows 8.1 install on your Linx 8.
Option 2: Use this if you do not have a usable Windows install on your Linx 8.
Option 1 is the easiest option, and should be available for most users. Option 2 is only used if you have completely lost the ability to boot Windows and you are unable to restore. It requires a bit more work and it's not as straight forward to do.
Available only to registered users.