Remove Advertisement


Linx 8 3G

General chit-chat on the Linx 8

Re: Linx 8 3G

Postby MartinJ » August 15th, 2015, 1:31 pm

Using Netflix via the browser works fine but I'd still rather have an app. Anyone else been able to install it?

I was trying to download and install Skype from the web page. Again, interested to know if it has worked for others.
MartinJ
Member
Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: August 10th, 2015, 9:30 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 8 (3G)
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Remove Ad



Re: Linx 8 3G

Postby Wbutchart » August 15th, 2015, 1:39 pm

MartinJ wrote:Using Netflix via the browser works fine but I'd still rather have an app. Anyone else been able to install it?

I was trying to download and install Skype from the web page. Again, interested to know if it has worked for others.

I have both apps running fine on my 10, that's why your issue puzzles me. Are other store apps running ok? If ou are on win 10 you can contact support via the app contact support app.
Wbutchart
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd
 
Posts: 150
Joined: April 4th, 2015, 2:50 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: PC World
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Linx 8 3G

Postby danskeman » August 15th, 2015, 3:44 pm

Wbutchart wrote:How do we go about making a USB recovery stick? Think ill do that too, my 10 had a funky moment this morning so a recovery back up is something I think I should do.


Control Panel - Recovery - Create Recovery Drive.

Vital to do this.

In addition, recommend you download Macrium Reflect Free and read following (guide talks about backing up 8.1 before you upgrade but backing up 10 us the same). You will need an external usb of 32GB capacity to hold backup (or connect a usb hard drive). I know this works fine in a Linx8 and should work on others. This recovers apps and data as well as OS.

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
danskeman
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 257
Joined: January 20th, 2015, 9:52 am
Location: UK
Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Linx 8 3G

Postby MartinJ » August 16th, 2015, 7:46 am

After ensuring I had all available Windows 8 updates, disabling start up guff from iTunes, Skype & Spotify followed by a restart Netflix has now installed. I don't know exactly what fixed the problem but I am glad it's resolved.

Skype is installed now too so that's both my issues sorted.
MartinJ
Member
Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: August 10th, 2015, 9:30 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 8 (3G)
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Re: Linx 8 3G

Postby Wbutchart » August 18th, 2015, 8:40 am

danskeman wrote:
Wbutchart wrote:How do we go about making a USB recovery stick? Think ill do that too, my 10 had a funky moment this morning so a recovery back up is something I think I should do.


Control Panel - Recovery - Create Recovery Drive.

Vital to do this.

In addition, recommend you download Macrium Reflect Free and read following (guide talks about backing up 8.1 before you upgrade but backing up 10 us the same). You will need an external usb of 32GB capacity to hold backup (or connect a usb hard drive). I know this works fine in a Linx8 and should work on others. This recovers apps and data as well as OS.

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

found where you said to go, followed the instructions but it keeps freezing when copying system files then asking me then to restart, how long would it normally take to complete the process?
Wbutchart
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd
 
Posts: 150
Joined: April 4th, 2015, 2:50 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: PC World
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Linx 8 3G

Postby Pete4650 » August 21st, 2015, 4:36 pm

Hi there, just going down the route of iPad to linx 8 with 3G, but can't get the three 3G sim to work. I see you said something about it worked once you connected ??? any help for a Linx 8 newby would great.
Pete4650
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: August 21st, 2015, 4:18 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 8 (3G)
Retailer: Amazon uk
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Re: Linx 8 3G

Postby danskeman » August 21st, 2015, 5:15 pm

Wbutchart wrote:
danskeman wrote:
Wbutchart wrote:How do we go about making a USB recovery stick? Think ill do that too, my 10 had a funky moment this morning so a recovery back up is something I think I should do.


Control Panel - Recovery - Create Recovery Drive.

Vital to do this.

In addition, recommend you download Macrium Reflect Free and read following (guide talks about backing up 8.1 before you upgrade but backing up 10 us the same). You will need an external usb of 32GB capacity to hold backup (or connect a usb hard drive). I know this works fine in a Linx8 and should work on others. This recovers apps and data as well as OS.

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

found where you said to go, followed the instructions but it keeps freezing when copying system files then asking me then to restart, how long would it normally take to complete the process?


This is turning out to be a common bug. As you have installed 10, not such a big deal but a few fresh install is a pain because you need to install a load of drivers. Until bug is fixed, make an image backup with macrium reflect free.

Until somebody tries a restore with MRF I cant guarantee it will work (pretty sure it will though). Obviously, if it does not work, you can still revert to a fresh install.

You could try making a windows image backup as well (settings, updates and security, backup, and choose "Backup and Restore (Windows 7).

The name windows 7 refers to a backup system intoducred in Windows 7 but still works in W10. You will have to create a special recovery drive but due to age of app, it can only be done to dvd. You might be able to create it on another pc but might not work if using a 64 pc.
danskeman
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 257
Joined: January 20th, 2015, 9:52 am
Location: UK
Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Linx 8 3G

Postby MartinJ » August 25th, 2015, 9:01 pm

Pete4650 wrote:Hi there, just going down the route of iPad to linx 8 with 3G, but can't get the three 3G sim to work. I see you said something about it worked once you connected ??? any help for a Linx 8 newby would great.


Hi,

Install the SIM then in settings turn on mobile broadband. After 15 seconds or so it should delay a mobile style signal strength icon and find your network. Once it has press on that and you should then be offered the option to connect.

Hope this helps. Working fine with an Orange SIM for me.
MartinJ
Member
Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: August 10th, 2015, 9:30 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 8 (3G)
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Previous

Return to General (Linx 8)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest