Remove Advertisement

Windows 10 and Linx 8 with Windows 8.1 and Bing

General chit-chat on the Linx 8

Windows 10 and Linx 8 with Windows 8.1 and Bing

Postby rodlinford » August 4th, 2015, 12:24 pm

Dear All

Just to clarify as I have been searching the WWW but the answer I have had from tech support is do not upgrade the Linx 8 to windows 10.

Although the little box has been notified that 10 is available the hardware will struggle.

So I will be keeping my little Linx 8 as it was designed.

I hope this post helps.

Kind regards
Rod
rodlinford

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: insight uk
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Remove Ad

Re: Windows 10 and Linx 8 with Windows 8.1 and Bing

Postby hogweed » August 4th, 2015, 1:33 pm

Which "tech support" said it will struggle? Plenty of people have upgraded Linx tablets to Windows 10 and are happy.

Here's a couple of videos demonstrating Windows 10 on a Linx 7

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register -"How well does Windows 10 work on a £59 Linx 7 tablet?"

Overall the tablet works as fast, maybe a little faster that it did with Windows 8.1. Windows 10 works very well on a small tablet

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register - "Using Windows 10 on a small tablet, what has changed from Windows 8.1?"
hogweed
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Amazon

Postby Dann » August 4th, 2015, 8:33 pm

We've had many users upgrade it to Windows 10 and have had very minor issues that we've not been able to fix.

Windows 10 has better performance than Windows 8.1, and is even built on 8.1, so I'm sure you'll be fine!
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby rodlinford » August 7th, 2015, 8:35 am

Hi All

Here is their reply:
The company who i contacted are via the support pages on You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

Please read page 11 of the guarantee, the guarantee is be rendered invalid if the product is damaged through adjustment, modification or repair not authorised by us.

On this occasion, the below is a modification to the software causing consequential effect to the performance which we do not usually advise carrying out.

We apologise in advance for any transgression this may cause but as Windows own the software on this unit, please consult with Microsoft on 0344 800 2400.

We would be unable to cover this device as it is out of warranty terms.

Many thanks,"
rodlinford

Retailer: insight uk

Postby Phil G » August 7th, 2015, 8:45 am

Dann is also in the process of getting clarification for this from his contacts as exertis. But as it stands it's looking like they are taking a easy out with regards to Warranty when it comes to upgrading.

Pretty poor after sales if you ask me. How ever there are many here who will help in anyway they can.
Phil G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: online

Postby Dann » August 7th, 2015, 7:26 pm

phil G wrote:Dann is also in the process of getting clarification for this from his contacts as exertis. But as it stands it's looking like they are taking a easy out with regards to Warranty when it comes to upgrading.

Pretty poor after sales if you ask me. How ever there are many here who will help in anyway they can.

I've spoken with Exertis regarding this issue, and you're able to read a statement here: http://www.linxtablet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1095
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK

Return to General (Linx 8)